Monday, May 20, 2013

First Preparation Day (P-Day) Letter, May 20, 2013

Oh hey!
From:Heather Benson <heather.benson@myldsmail.net>
To:cbenson80027 <cbenson80027@aol.com>; jonb <jonb@spectralogic.com>; heatherashliebenson <heatherashliebenson@gmail.com>
Date:Mon, May 20, 2013 2:29 pm
Family and friends!
Hey everyone! Things at the MTC are going great. I have so much to say, I don't even know where to begin. I have only been here for five days, but it seems like so much longer. I have learned so much and made so many friends! It seriously has been an amazing experience so far.
There are six Elders and six Sisters in my district. Elder Flinders, Elder Miller, Elder Anderson, Elder Terry, Elder Willmore (BROOKLYN: If you're reading this, he's from Springville and we talked about you! haha) Elder Simpson, Sister Turpinn, Sister Astle, Sister Mitchell, Sister Greenwood, and Sister Hawkins. Sister Hawkins is my companion. She is from Lindon, Utah. She is great! We have become good friends! We laugh. A lot. We also have started teaching lessons! We have taught two so far, but will teach several more this week.
Which brings me to my next point. All of the Elders and Sisters in my district are going to Cleveland, Ohio! So we will all be flying out of Salt Lake City on the same day. We are leaving Wednesday morning the 28th at about 4 am! That will be crazy, but we are all very excited to get out into the field. When people would tell me that their district would become like their family, I always thought that was kind of weird... but it's true! I love my district. We can have so much fun and be laughing so hard and the next minute be talking about something very deep in the gospel and be feeling the spirit so strong. It is great! Also- to all of my pre-missionary friends who are reading this... everyone lied! I had so many people tell me that the MTC was awful. It isn't! It seriously is great. Don't listen to them. Don't be nervous. Be excited. Seriously.
Some funny stories.....
A) Since I am clearly accident/sickness prone (it's a fact of my life. Just ask Alexa Berg... she will tell you), I got sick! Of course. So that's no fun. But I talked to my Branch President and he wanted me to let the Elders in my district give me a blessing. So I did (sorry, Audra!!!!). But it was a great experience and I actually feel much better today!

Which brings me to point B...
B) This morning we went to the Provo Temple! It was so fantastic and it was also so great to be out of the MTC and actually see the real world! And the sky! And the trees! And the mountains! Seriously, you have no idea how much you can miss those in five days. But the point is that on the way back.... I slipped and fell in the crosswalk.... and I skinned my knee really bad! I actually cut a big enough piece out of it that I had to go to the Health clinic so they could decide if I needed stitches.... thankfully not! It is pretty comical though. That would happen to me.
C) Breakfast is at 6:30 am. Lunch is at 11:00 am. And Dinner is at 4:00 pm!!! That is kind of crazy and has taken some getting used to. Even though that is kind of a bummer, the reason behind it is great. Schedules here for everyone are crazy and cramped because there are so many missionaries now! Also- for the first time in history this week there are more Sisters than Elders in the MTC. Seriously amazing!
I'm sure that I am forgetting many, many things, but I am out of time! I love you all and I want you to know that Jesus Christ really is our Savior and Redeemer. He and Heavenly Father care about us so much and they want us to return to them someday. I have a testimony that Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God who translated the Book of Mormon by the power and the authority of God. The Book of Mormon is true. It will bring so much happiness and clarity to your life if you will just take the first step and read it. Ponder about the things that you have read and pray to God sincerely asking if it is true. I know that if you have faith that he will answer. This gospel is true and I am so, so happy to be here learning how to help others to come unto Christ. Also- talk to the missionaries! They can help you! (*ahem* mormon.org) I am so excited to go help the people of Ohio in just a little over a week. It will be a great experience and I am seriously stoked. :)
Also- I don't have anyone's addresses! I can only email for 30 minutes every week. And I can only write letters on Pday (Monday). So please send me your addresses! Thanks and I love you all! Really.
-Sister Heather Benson
PS I have taken many fun pictures that I will try to send soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment